GLOBAL HEALTHCARE SERVICES

NEWMARK

US for-profit hospital industry outlook moved to stable on higher EBITDA as patient volumes return to pre-COVID levels

Commentary by: Todd Perman, CCIM, Vice Chairman, Global Healthcare Services

The outlook for U.S. for-profit hospitals has been upgraded to stable by Moody’s, an encouraging sign for hospital recovery. Steadily growing patient volumes, the return of elective surgeries and government aid are the main factors expected to boost the hospital industry over the next 12-18 months. Patient volumes are currently at approximately 85% of pre-pandemic levels and the remaining 15% is projected to return during this same time period. Low, single digit EBITDA growth is also predicted over the next year, indicating that improving business conditions are ahead for the industry.

Read the full article here.

All information contained in this publication is derived from sources that are deemed to be reliable. However, Newmark has not verified any such information, and the same constitutes the statements and representations only of the source thereof, and not of Newmark. Any recipient of this publication should independently verify such information and all other information that may be material to any decision that recipient may make in response to this publication, and should consult with professionals of the recipient's choice with regard to all aspects of that decision, including its legal, financial, and tax aspects and implications. Any recipient of this publication may not, without the prior written approval of Newmark, distribute, disseminate, publish, transmit, copy, broadcast, upload, download, or in any other way reproduce this publication or any of the information it contains. This document is intended for informational purposes only and none of the content is intended to advise or otherwise recommend a specific strategy. It is not to be relied upon in any way to predict market movement, investment in securities, transactions, investment strategies or any other matter.

Download Our
Brochure

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

COVID-19 HeaTHCARE REAL ESTATE UPDATE